MS office provides some of the most effective workplace solutions for scheduling, keeping track of or changing your or your staff’s tasks. Along with several different options in most of MS office software, there are separate software for scheduling and planning projects, called, “Microsoft Project and Office 365”.
Depending on you resources, you have many viable options to coordinate your staffs leave schedules. Here are a few ways to choose from:
Excel Template for Coordinate Your Staff Time Off
If you and your staff use email as your primary communication then, you can create a schedule template in excel. Then using the send for review option, send it to your staff to fill in with their schedule and send it back to you. The document will be updated automatically as each staff members responds and each person’s entry will be in a different color. To do that:
- 1) Create a schedule template in excel, it will be efficient if you mention where each staff member should mention their details. You can also customize one of the many schedule templates already available in excel.
- After the template is ready, click “file”, then “send to” and then select “mail recipient”. This will create an email message with the file in the attachments.
- Add the desired email addresses and write down basic instructions for your staff and send.
If you do not use email as your primary communication and you have a Microsoft exchange server. Environment then you may create a schedule in excel and save it as a shared document, then, everyone will be able to open it and edit it with your guidance.
You can also print a calendar or schedule and post it up in a shared area. This is a lot better than printing a calendar for each staff member.
Microsoft Outlook for Scheduling Coordinates
If your company already regularly uses outlook, you can create a group schedule in the calendar. To create a calendar:
- First of all, Click calendar, then click “view group schedules”. After that click “new” and give it an appropriate name.
- Once you have done that, click add new and add the people you need to from the address book.
In addition, you can also use Microsoft Project in conjunction with outlook to update your schedule, all you need to do is:
- Log on to Microsoft Project and click the task tab available on the home page.
- Click update to and select either your manager or the task timesheet.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard.
You can also buy software for Coordinate Your Staff’s Time off better than ever. This list is not exhaustive as you Microsoft gives you the option to customize according to your needs. At the end of the day, the best solution is not the easiest but the most productive in the long run. Therefore, take your time and choose the best way to keep track of your staff’s multiple schedules.Tags: Excel Template, Project Management, Software