Just like many other compressed file formats, ISO is also an extension of zip files. Most of us don’t really know how we can extract ISO files on mac. It is really easy and simple to extract this type of files. This file extension is a perfect representation of the content of entire CD or DVD. During transfer, a bundle of multiple small size files allows users to quickly export data occupying lesser space.
However, before we start with the formal tutorial of extraction, it is important to know various forms of compressed files and how they are different from ISO. It is not literally compressed however this particular image file contains sector by sector data of disk in the form of image. Rather than injecting the optical disk itself, you can achieve its ISO Files and transfer it your system. You can also extract on mac.
Why Do You Need To Extract from ISO Image Files?
As we already mentioned, there is no particular definition for the file extension of ISO images however they contain the copy of written sectors on an optical disk. It helps you extracting content on your system by fleeing burnt ISO images. It makes the use content easier and less techie without the insertion of disk and disk dependency.
Is It Possible on Mac?
This is definitely possible on Mac. For this, you don’t need to install anything in particular. You can easily extract ISO by using disk utility option on Mac. This open disk option is available on the main desktop screen of latest OS X Yosemite. Once you are done with extraction, all the extracted files are loaded in the disk utility.
How to Do It?
Following the tutorial given below, you can easily perform this task;
- Go to your desktop and look for the option of Finder
- In finder option, search for utilities in the bottom
- When it opens the utilities board, double click and open Disk Utilities
- Once disk utilities are open, click on the file button and choose open disk image
- Now it will open the selection drive, scroll through it
- Try to find out the ISO file from your system
- Once you select the file, open it to extract the content from it to a disk image
- Upon the completion of extraction, a disk image will appear on your desktop
- Click this disk image to view the content of extracted ISO file
This is the simplest way you can extract the desired content and keep it on your system while using Mac book. Many similar tools are available to extract ISO images on windows as well. We hope this tutorial must help you in clearly understanding the method of extraction and successfully sourcing all the required content on optical disk.Tags: ISO, Mac